Twitter and email info

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Learning to like Donald Trump........

I'm sure that I'm not alone when I express my annoyance with persons using the over-blown cliche, "the better of two evils".  Each time I hear a Republican voter announce their decision to support Donald Trump in the inevitable "Donald vs. Hillary" presidential sweepstakes, it invariably includes said cliche.  Annoyance or no annoyance, Trump will be the Republican nominee, and for those of us who are appalled at the mere mention of another Clinton in the Oval Office, it's time to learn to like Trump.  I originally supported Ben Carson, and then, in a last-ditch effort to scuttle the Trump candidacy, I became an outspoken supporter of Ted Cruz.  All of those details mean nothing at this stage.  I made my decision to like Donald Trump as the Republican candidate for President, and I made it fast.

If we were to judge Donald Trump on the issues he claims to support today, we would have no problem with the man.  He supports a vigorous Immigration policy centered on the need for an aggressive deportation policy.  As far as I'm concerned, anyone living in this country illegally should be investigated, and in almost all instances, processed for deportation.  I am sympathetic to kids who were brought to the United States by their parents; sensitive situations of this type should be reviewed by an Immigration Judge and adjudicated appropriately.  Mr. Trump agrees, and promises to create a quick turn-around for illegals crossing from Mexico, so the taxpayer is not obliged to pay room-and-board for these undocumented folks.  Personally, Immigration, next to the national debt, is the most pressing issue the next president will have to face.

Trump promises to throw-out trade agreements and treaties that leave the United States "upside-down" (paying more taxes to sell our goods overseas than the foreigners are paying to sell their junk here).  Many of these terrible trade agreements were accepted because of DC's obsession with pleasing China.  The one cliche I had worse than, "the better of two evils"?  I get a major case of the red-ass when I hear folks say, "we have to be nice to China because of their giant economy".  Give me a break.  A good portion of China's economy is kept afloat by all the unnecessary JUNK they flood into our markets.  I challenge you to look around your homes, and check to see where all the useless or cheap-garbage items were made.  This list of Chinese-made junk includes former President Bill Clinton, who traded missile secrets to China for campaign contributions in the mid-1990s (which was laundered by the crooked Indonesian Riatty family).  That is a story for another day.

Trump also promises to begin enforcing antitrust legislation.  If it happens, it won't be soon enough, and get ready to see an entire flock of Democrat businessmen screaming to the heavens; in other words, music to my ears.  In his campaign appearances, Trump always makes a point to praise our Armed Forces, and expresses the intent to increase military spending, and get the mess at the Veteran's Administration straightened out.  One of the reasons the VA has struggled, alongside IRS, the State Dept., and the Secret Service (to name a few...the list goes on), is because of Obama's attempt to politicize the civil service by appointing unqualified Democrat political activists to important management jobs in the federal government.

I'm also pleased to note that Trump now claims to be socially conservative.  I know he now purports to be pro-life, and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.  What I need to know (from the Trump campaign), is how a Trump Administration will deal with the current much-debated issue of transgender rights when it comes to using bathrooms in public grade schools to high school, and also in public parks, libraries, museums, etc.  Personally, I'm still angry over the federal authorities efforts to FORCE a public bakery run by Chistians, to make a Wedding Cake for a lesbian couple.  These social issues are tremendously important, because it's slippery-slope which could end up leaving the appearance that the Christian bakery owners actually support the LGBT agenda, which they don't by any stretch of the imagination.

At the end of the day, we could agree with every policy announcement Trump makes.  But in the end, the only thing that matters is if he will follow through with the Agenda that has highlighted his amazing run for the presidency.  All you Republicans and/or Conservatives out there, and Moderates who love Hillary as much as I do, there is no time to waste.  Announce your intention to support Trump, and advise your friends and family to follow your example.

No comments:

Post a Comment