Twitter and email info

Monday, October 6, 2014

Conspiracy Theories...Which Ones Are the Most Reasonable?

I  watch the news everyday, and I have a few choice websites that I visit (DrudgeReport, RealClearPolitics, The Long War Journal, etc.) on a daily basis.  When I come upon a story that interests me, I make a note, and many times I will have the subject of the next day's post.  To start the first full week of my birthday month October, I'm going to do things a bit differently.  I asked a group of friends over the weekend what I should write about on Monday, October 6, 2014, and the answer was almost unanimous: they wanted me to write about cover-ups and conspiracies.  You see, even my friends, who should have known
better, are convinced that the CIA has the answers to all the mysteries of the last two centuries (and maybe further back).  I hated to disappoint them, just as I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't work in the Directorate that would have had access to all the "good stuff".

I would imagine that if the organization were hiding aliens and flying saucers, that information would be tightly controlled within the Directorate of Science and Technology.  Interestingly enough, the only person I met during my career who had anything of value to add to the Kennedy assassination discussion, was a member of Kennedy's Secret Service Detail.  Although he has since passed, I can't divulge what information he shared with me, but it wasn't earth shattering.  There have been insinuations and outright accusations that the CIA was engaged in Extrasensory Perception research in the 1970s, and Remote Viewing (look it up) experiments in the 1980s.  All I can say is that if the organization was wasting taxpayer dollars on those dead-ends, it never impacted the way the Ops Officers applied tradecraft to collect intelligence.  During my entire career, I never saw any indication that either Remote Viewing or ESP ever amounted to anything for anyone.

The conspiracy theory (should that be capitalized?) junkies who really, truly give me the baboon red-ass, are these "September-11-was-an-inside-job" sociopaths.  When discussing this issue I refuse to be polite. Accusing the United States government and thousands of government employees of murdering almost 3,000 innocent people is no laughing matter.  The larger the conspiracy theory, the more unlikely that it has any basis in truth.  The best way to keep a secret is to tell as few people as possible.  In order to blow up the World Trade Center and manufacture the incidents at the Pentagon and in Pennsylvania, the plotters would have had to recruit explosives experts, employees at the World trade Center, active-duty police and port authority law enforcement, staffs of two separate airlines at three respective airports, and many, many more to carry out the plan.  As of yet, not one person with the necessary access has come forth and admitted involvement in the alleged plot.  When you make the decision to sit down and watch the presentation that the "9-11 Truthers" have put together, keep a pencil and notebook handy.  It won't take long for you to start questioning the various assumptions and premises of the presentation, believe me.

Because we live in a free society, we will always have nut jobs coming forth with bizarre conspiracy theories, especially after a tragedy like September 11, 2001.  For my generation, it was the seminal event of our lives.  I am infuriated every time one of these "Truthers" pops up on my television.  Listen to me, please.  I'm willing to take a polygraph.  If 9-11 had been an inside job, I would have known either beforehand, or found out afterwards.  I'm happy to be polygraphed.  The events of September 11, 2001 were part of an Al-Qaeda plot, long in the planning and implementation, which was intended to strike the United States in the symbol of our Financial Strength.  The crash at the Pentagon was a message to the U.S. military that they were not immune to attack, either.   As for the plane which crashed over Pennsylvania, I don't know if even the hijackers had decided what location to target.  It might have been CIA (bin-Laden had a particular hatred for the Agency), the White House or the Capitol Building.  Thanks to a group of outstanding, true, brave American heroes, we didn't have to find out.  What I wouldn't give to meet just one of those people and say, "Thank You".

If I were to make a guess as to what popular conspiracy theory is the most reasonable (remember, I make my decisions based on my experience and intuition), it would have to be the issue of Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs).  I can longer accept the idea that every witness was/is either a liar or mistaken.  Now that we have cameras on all our cell phones, the amount of data collected every month by MUFON (the Mutual UFO Network) is simply overwhelming.  Something unfamiliar to the average American is flying around in our skies.  No doubt the military has all sorts of experimental vehicles in the sky, but personally, I don't think they are alone.  A few years back, in Stephenville, Texas, the residents experienced a wave of sightings over a short period of time that attracted international media.  Now I'm a good ol' Texas boy at heart, and it takes one to know one. Those farmers and retired folks (including one professional pilot) were not interested in anybody's publicity.  They just told their story as it happened, and went back to their farms.  Let me tell you, those folks were not lying, nor were they mistaken.  What they described had such an impact on me, that it changed my perspective completely.  Over the period of about two or three weeks, they observed the most incredible machines in the sky, the likes of which they had never seen.  When I made the decision to write this blog, it was a forgone conclusion that I would not discuss any part of my life during my Agency career.  I'm too old and grouchy for prison, folks.  So my comments in the above paragraph are simply my reactions to the ongoing UFO phenomena, and are in no way connected to my career.  Let me leave you with a thought that has taken root in my brain and just won't let go.  For some time the U.S. military considered the possibility that UFOs were a Soviet creation.  That theory is a bit ridiculous as we see it today, but it does raise one other interesting option.  Who says that UFOs have to be from another planet?  Maybe what we are experiencing are visitors from our own future....

I will not stray from the subject of current events very often.  I write this blog to share my thoughts on international developments.  My perspectives are supported by years of experience and overseas living.  I can't fix a broken washing machine, but I can tell you who is currently President in Burkina Faso (Blaise Campaore).  Occasionally I like to mix things up, and introduce something quirky to the postings.  But at the end of the day, I will return to what I know best.  Thank you so much for spending the time to read my TOO-LONG posts (my posts are a diet, I promise).  For those of you who have sent emails, I can't thank you enough.  I want to know what you think, and how I can make the blog more successful.  I'm just getting started, but I have only 60 followers, and I can't help but feel intimidated by The Long War Journal's 9,369 followers.  Heck, former CIA Ops Officer Mike Baker has over 16,000 followers!  So I have some ground to make up.  But the journey has been great so far.  remember, if you want to hear my perspective on any current event or international issue, just send my an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment