Twitter and email info

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Thank you and welcome to Mukhabarat, Baby!

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome everyone to my blog "Mukhabarat, Baby", and thank you for being a part of this evolving effort.  I especially want to express my gratitude to Tina for working so diligently to get things up and running, Lindsay for sharing her friends, and Joe for making the suggestion to begin with.  I would be nowhere without good friends.
For those unfamiliar with Intelligence Gathering in the Arabic-speaking world, Mukhabarat is a word commonly used to identify persons who work either in the intelligence field or as Secret Police.  I can't count the times that I have been operational alongside a U.S. military unit and been called "mukhabarat" by the locals because I happened to be armed and in civilian clothing.
Given the pleasantly surprising early response to this blog, I have forced myself into a round of "Twitter Education", and will be active daily on Twitter, providing updates to the site.  And since this project is directly connected to the upcoming release of my book, "Mukhabarat, Baby", alongside my Twitter address will be an email address.  My book is a series of connected vignettes highlighting my experiences working as a Case Officer in war zones.  Although it may initially appear to be "just another spy memoir", I can assure its not.  I encourage anyone interested in the release of "Mukhabarat, Baby", to send me their email address for updates and excerpts as they become available.

Thanks for coming along for the ride.

Eric

Twitter: @mukhabaratbaby

Email: mukhabaratbaby@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment